cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 3G is rubbish

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just come back to O2 from three after 3 years because they didn't offer me the business side of I needed. Wish now I'd never bothered. With three I hardly ever lost my 3G signal, with O2 I hardly ever have it. I have iPhone 6 and often travel down the country, before I could stream spotify or the radio and only lose it once or twice for a few seconds. Now I'm lucky if I get a song finished before gprs appears on my phone. Wish I'd never bothered now. And as for 4g, I've never seen this once!!! I won't be back
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
For clarity there was a second reason why Vodafone bought C&W and it was not network related.

C&W We're carrying hundreds of millions of pounds of tax offsets that Vodafone were able to tap into quite legitimately.

There are some smaller fibre players but iar1980 is correct that they are the main ones
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I work at Avonmouth docks on the outskirts of Bristol and suffer badly with what I assume is network congestion on O2. In the summer it was acceptable, my 750mb data was regularly running out though so I upgraded to 5gb data. As the weeks go by, my signal is getting worse and worse, I can be sat in my car and get 4 bars H+
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
(Continued) and moments later, it drops down to G and I can't use it for anything, sometimes it will stay on G for an hours or more and I can't stream music or do anything, I've now resorted to using a n orange pay and go sim at work because my O2 one is becoming useless. Ill probably buy out of the contract early if it doesn't improve next month.
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

O2 sew currently rolling out and testing 4g equipment across Bristol.

It is likely that the existing masts are running on reduced power with cells being turned on and off at various times as the engineers survey, plan, install and test the systems. These tests typically take a few weeks but the wait is worth it.

Message 14 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Depends how patient you are tbh,,,

I gave up and went with EE, peoblems now resolved!

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest we know Bristol is currently being rolled out as some parts of the city have gone live already.

That said I was planning to move network as I only get a very poor 2g at home (i.e. worse than other areas 2g) but I am about to move so will see what my options are in May when my contract ends
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it a pay monthly contract or Pay as you go?
Message 17 of 17