Did you mean: 

O2 25% Open Employee Discount - Error message

Rachael333
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I had an old contract with o2 and it ended last month. I went into my local o2 store last night and took out a new contract - I now currently work for an eligible employer so I was offered the 25% discount code off the airtime plan for the civil service.

I came home, I verified myself using my work email (I received a link from o2 to my work email) and all is validated/verified. However, when I then go to "add discount" and am selecting my mobile number (it never changed, stayed the same) it says this: You can’t get an O2 Open discount with this number as it’s been over 28 days since the contract started: 07/03/2020 - this would have been my old contract which ended in Feb - why is it not recognising that I started a new contract last night and am within the 28-day timeframe to apply the employee discount?

Help please, much appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144942 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Rachael333 

The system will need a few days to catch up.

Just wait a while and try again.

Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144942 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Rachael333 

The system will need a few days to catch up.

Just wait a while and try again.

Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12130 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

o2's systems take a little while to update @Rachael333 , so you may need to give it a few days.

If it doesn't work next week then get in touch with o2 customer services, either by calling 202 from your phone or messaging on social media:

Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 6

Rachael333
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello MI5 slight_smile 

Thanks for the reply. Do you think thats what it is? Just a tad worried as without that discount, the phone would be a bit too expensive to keep.

Rachael

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144942 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Rachael333 

That's definitely the problem. Very common 👍

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Rachael333
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks a lot for the replies. I will try back in a few days & keep you updated. slight_smile 

Message 6 of 6