Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number

70Chez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone, I have left a very, very long and unpleasant relationship and at present my children who are adults are not speaking with me.
I am receiving unwelcome texts from his family and rather than block them can I suspend my number and be given another or do I have to change this number for good.

I would like to keep it in case my children wish to make contact in the future and would like any changes to not have to much impact financially.
I know I can block them but my understanding is that they won’t know they have been blocked so this may annoy them and they may try other things to find out where I am living. Any advice on this would be appreciated as it’s so difficult to get through to anyone.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@70Chez 

A change of number is permanent.

Depending on the position of your contract, you could transfer your current number to PAYG and keep it turned off for a while, then take a new contract with a new number.

You can always then transfer your number back to the new contract at a later date.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

70Chez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you so much that’s very helpful and would allow me to keep that number.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
You're welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4