Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

HelpNeeded
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had a giffgaff sim for about a year and I’ve decided to switch to the o2 network which also runs giffgaff. I wanted to keep my number so I’ve already filled in the details before my sim came home to me on the application form for my new sim. The sim came home and I activated it on my iPhone 7. It’s been more than a day and my old number has not come through to my o2 sim but when I check my giffgaff sim on my phone it says no service. So why hasn’t my number come through yet?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

O2Lauren
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @HelpNeeded,

The porting process can happen anytime between 10am-6pm on the port in date. The systems are taking a little longer than usual. Please keep restarting your phone in the interim.

Thanks,

signature
Message 2 of 5

HelpNeeded
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The port date was yesterday 26th March but my number still hasn't come through

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
There is a back log and fewer staff to process requests at the moment due to the Corona virus.
It may take a little longer than normal.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

HelpNeeded
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Today is the seventh day and I really need my number to come through because I can’t verify myself on some platforms. I already got an email from giffgaff saying I’ve left them so why has it still not come over ???
Message 5 of 5