cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer from O2 to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am in the 24th month of my contract with O2, the end of the contract month being the 24th. I am wanting to stay with O2 but the upgrade deals are significantly more expensive than buying a new contract through carphone warehouse (still O2). Therefore I intend on buying a new contract through carphone warehouse and then cancel/tranfer my current O2 number. 

I am aware that you are required to give 30 days notice of cancellation, but if you are transferring a number using a PAC code (ie. to a different network) this will require no notice and immediately cancel the original contract. In the case that you transfer a number from O2 contract to O2 contract (not via an upgrade as the deal is not available as a direct upgrade) would this require no notice and hence cancel my original contract and only charge me for the remaining 24th month? 

Thanks for your help 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I know I said I was confused over this post @Anonymous...but...isn't what you said above, the same as @MI5's advice.......or am I missing something?..... (like a piece of my brain) Fear

Basically the same as I said but reworded.

The end result will be the same.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I know I said I was confused over this post @Anonymous...but...isn't what you said above, the same as @MI5's advice.......or am I missing something?..... (like a piece of my brain) Fear

Basically the same as I said but reworded.

The end result will be the same.

That's ok...no need to lie down in a darkened room then....yet...Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

yep, to try an "untangle" this post.... and also to clarify which one is the O2's official procedure wink

Message 23 of 30

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 24 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

yep, to try an "untangle" this post.... and also to clarify which one is the O2's official procedure wink

No wonder I prefer the non direct route then .... Seriously it was all confusing but as I have never undertaken this process then the 'less official post' seemed far easier....to me #justsaying

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

This wasn't a real process you know? It was actually created due to that many issues with people taking out new connections like they were the same as upgrades and then wanting to keep their number, teenagers that were now allowed to have their own contract but wanted to keep the number that was under the parents name,etc... It only change around 3 years ago....

Before Refresh it was quite simple: if you want to keep the same number you upgrade, you want a new number cancel the old one and set up a new one. Simplezzz!

Message 26 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This wasn't a real process you know? It was actually created due to that many issues with people taking out new connections like they were the same as upgrades and then wanting to keep their number, teenagers that were now allowed to have their own contract but wanted to keep the number that was under the parents name,etc... It only change around 3 years ago....

Before Refresh it was quite simple: if you want to keep the same number you upgrade, you want a new number cancel the old one and set up a new one. Simplezzz!

OK. Glad we cleared that up....Confused LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the O2 History Museum, My name is Rosadosc and I will be your guide for the day ...LOL

Message 28 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
THanks very much. I'll do that slight_smile
Message 29 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to the O2 History Museum, My name is Rosadosc and I will be your guide for the day ...LOL

Nah I will pass...Not into museums or history much nowadays...Life is far too short Oh apologies to the Op. ..back on topic. ..Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 30