Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer from O2 to O2.

ArThor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive had an O2 contract for a couple fo years and recently decided to upgrade. I used affordable mobile phones, found a deal and phone I liked. I entered my details to purchase, one question was do you have a current account, yes I do. Enter your existing number, done. Your new deal will be added to your account you will not be able to transfer your number. Dont want that. So, thinking ill just close and open a new account, I clicked no, I dont have a current account with O2. Do you want to transfer an existing number, yes I do. Enter the PAC Code (and possibly the existing number I cant remember.) Requested PAC code from O2. Done. Entered the PAC code. Done. My understanding is using the PAC code ends the contract I'm on, transfers the number to the new provider so they can open a new account with the same number.

Phone arrives with a new SIM. I added the new SIM to the new phone when I had a chance, maybe an hour after the package arrived. The old SIM had already been deactivated by the time I got to doing this. The new SIM was also deactivated.  I gave it a while, and restarted the phones a few times.  The old SIM at some point reactivated. Logged into my O2, turns out I still have the same password. Also I can still apparently upgrade and my usage is showing the same old contract information/ data allowances, BUT I HAVE A NEW NUMBER. Tried to do a sim swap to see if that would work. That just deactivated my old sim and activated the new one. Tried to do PAC code switch again with the same PAC code number using the guide: how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

That was last week, I thought it might have been done by end of friday if not saturday, or the changes might start today but I've had nothing change. I've tried phoning O2 but after navigating callcentre menu system a couple of times I got hung up on, I assume my issue is not important enough due to covid-19. How can I get this sorted.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@ArThor 

You have no option but to call O2 I'm afraid. Porting and number transfers are taking ages.

Lots of numbers in this guide. Use any or all Press ANY option.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

ArThor
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just had another go at calling O2. The automated system managed to identify I wanted to keep my number. But then I get a message saying press 1 to report fraud or stolen phone or similar and to use the o2 community or my o2 for anything else, then it just hangs up. This is whats happened the last few times. Do I need to just lie and press 1 to get through to a human?

Message 3 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12125 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions
Unfortunately at the minute, yes.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You don't use a PAC to transfer the number

You must call and ask for the number to be migrated @ArThor 

Message 5 of 8

ArThor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I phoned again and hit 1 at the "press 1 to report fraud or stolen phone prompt". Got immediately through to a bloke who said he could sort the problem. He put me on hold while he "found out what happened". After a few seconds the line cut off. It appears the transfer got going before he could start talking to me again as the sim had deactivated. About an hour or so later it was back and with the correct number. All sorted.

Thank you all for the help.

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Excellent news @ArThor wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

jonsie