Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number swap

Lrosso9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just wondering how I go about keeping my old number and swapping it over to a brand new contract I.e the number I have is from a contract that has ran out now and i have got a new contract with a new sim but I'd like my old number.

Sorry if this is long
Thankyou
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Lrosso9 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

O2Kat
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
All you need to do is text the word PAC to 65075 and then once you have the code give it to your new provider. Once the code is used this gives your 30 days notice to your old network and your number should transfer within 24-48 hours. Obviously with the ongoing situation, this could see timescales a little longer than normal.
signature
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Lrosso9 

Additionally, if it's still an O2 contract, you just need to call customer service to migrate your number. No need for a PAC.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5