Did you mean: 

Number swap issues

Gizmo98
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
Recently changed from pay and go to pay monthly and wanted to keep my old number
Was told ok will be done in 24hrs
Wasn’t done and when I called back was told the initial person I talked to made an error and wasn’t swapped
I’ve since contacted o2 and spoke to 2 more advisors who said that whatever error the first person has done I am now unable to use my old number !

WTF ?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call again http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus and see if you get someone else who can help.
If all else fails ask @Marjo to escalate for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Gizmo98
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks
I’ve called three times now same answer ,not possible to swap number and they don’t know why 🤨

On the last call I’ve told them to cancel my contract(as I have 14 days to do so) not sure if they can even deal with that
#useless
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hang on until Monday and I'm sure Marjo will help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
It does amaze me how such a simple process can become so complicated. The OP would have been better off going in store, if they'd had one nearby. Hope they get it sorted.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 13

Gizmo98
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Contacted them this morning
I’ve rang 3 times yesterday to try and transfer the number,they said a transfer request was never recieved ! 😂
And that a cancellation wasn’t either ?😡

She’s said she’s tryed it again but can’t tell if the number transfer will happen

What a bunch of amateurs
Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I really think you should wait till tomorrow @Gizmo98 and see what @Marjo is able to sort out for you (as suggested above)

@Marjois our community manager by the way wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Gizmo98
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thanks
I’ll wait until then
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's annoying that when things go wrong, it takes the intervention of a community manager to escalate it There must be a real staff churn with little training these days.

Message 9 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Gizmo98 how are you doing this morning? Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with this. 😞 I'm going to drop you a PM (private message here on the forum) to get a few additional details so we can get this looked at for you. Hang in there!

Thanks for the tag @MI5 and @Cleoriffthumbsup

Message 10 of 13