cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you port your number, who do you pay on the day the number ports across, the old company or the new? My new billing period with the company I am leaving starts on 8th October - should I request the number to port on 7th October or 8th October?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
It takes 2 days from request to action so the 6th would be the best date to request it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
It takes 2 days from request to action so the 6th would be the best date to request it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'd wager a guess both companies charge you on porting day! So if it's the 8th your old company will charge you up until the 8th and you'll already have an account at the new one to be able to port over.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
You don't really pay by the day.
If you roll over to a further month it will be charged a full month and refunded to you after that billing cycle.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Whenever you port you will have 2 bills, one final one from o2 and one from your new network. Whoever you are with you pay a month in advance so you need to take that into consideration. It's likely you could be in credit with o2 and it will be paid back into your account within 14 days.

Message 5 of 6

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You don't really pay by the day.
If you roll over to a further month it will be charged a full month and refunded to you after that billing cycle.

Ah yes that makes sense. 

Message 6 of 6