Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting

The-Ageless
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I recently ordered 2 SIM cards and provided PAC numbers. The sims arrived promptly and we were advised that today would be the day for the numbers to transfer rather than the usually Monday.. the data has begun fine, the old SIM cards have stopped working and we’ve had the phones on and off regularly through the day but the numbers haven’t moved over as yet.
Is this usual or would you expect it to be done at the same time?
Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@The-Ageless 

Sounds like it has ported over or at least in the process of.

If these are iPhones you need to go to Settings >Phone >My number and edit it to your old number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

The-Ageless
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks.. yes, they are iPhones. I have tried to edit the number but the confirmation code is being sent to the old number so I will have to use two phones to set them up I think. Thanks for the tip. I was being permanently nagged by the kids 🙂
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

The-Ageless
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This didn’t work unfortunately.. the old sim is disconnected and that’s where the confirmation code is sent to that’s needed to change to the new number 🤦🏻‍♂️
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@The-Ageless 

There's no code sent when you edit the number in the phone settings.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6