Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Number porting within O2 ?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Here's the situation.

I dropped my phone.

My phone will cost £150 to repair.

It will cost £100 to end my current contract.

Is it possible to start a new contract with O2, on a new tariff, with a new number and a new phone......

Then port my existing number to the new contract, after which I will end my current contract?

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Topics: 530
Solutions: 11,112

Re: Number porting within O2 ?

@Kron 

Yes you can do that or just pay what you owe on your current contract and upgrade. Much simpler.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 1: Joiner

Cheers for the quick answer.

I did consider that, but looking at the deals available I am not sure if I would be able to get the tariff I want.
Highlighted
Topics: 530
Solutions: 11,112

If you do get your contract elsewhere, you just need to call customer service to do a number migration to the new contract. This cancels your current contract immediately the number transfers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)