Did you mean: 

Number ported today - unable to make/receive calls

AJB56
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I hope this query is in the right place and someone can help.

Ported number to O2 (Pay Monthly Sim) from GiffGaff today. Filled in the Keep My Number form online and submitted it. Received a text yesterday to say 'we'll set you up on our network on 25/08/2021. Please switch off your phone on the port date until 6pm'. My O2 has updated with my number and data is working, but I am unable to make/receive calls (three beeps and the number dialled disconnects on calling out, engaged signal on calling in). I have turned my phone (iPhone XR) on and off but no luck.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@AJB56 

It can take up to 24 hours so keep rebooting.

If not working in the morning, contact O2 Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@AJB56 

It can take up to 24 hours so keep rebooting.

If not working in the morning, contact O2 Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

AJB56
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@M15 

Thank you very much for your help

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

BigTash
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I have the exact same issue - was due to port on the 25th August.  Today (26th), I can send and receive texts but I can't make or receive any calls.  If you make any progress, please could you update this thread.  Thanks

Message 5 of 6

IT_Engineer69
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I'm getting a similar issue after adding an apple watch to my account. Glad to know it isn't just me slight_smile

Message 6 of 6