cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port 5 days and counting!! Customer service???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Managing director of my own business and left without my ported number for 5 days now and still no definitive answer. This has approximately cost the business £3,500 in direct loss of work and wages. Can't get through to customer services??? THIS IS A COMMUNICATIONS business GET MORE STAFF! My case has been escalated by more staff and more times than DFS has a sale. Who is this mysterious guru at number porting that no one can seem to contact? Either way once sorted (another PAC code and off back to my old provider) I just hope their compensation department doesn't have such a long hold time. Appalled.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will have to ask your old provider if the request has gone through
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144761 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
What compensation are you expecting exactly?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I doubt you will get any compensation as nothing has actually warranted compensation
Message 4 of 7

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

Actually you are entitled to compensation if port fails and takes longer than 24 hours to complete, but it's finding out who was at fault thats the hard part - usually the losing network tho'.

EDIT: scrap that, compensation part removed from latest Ofcom regs.

ewan

Message 5 of 7

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about your wait. Have you been promised the PAC by a certain time? Feel free to send me a message and we can see what can be done.

I'm Toby, the community manager.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would expect that he has already given the PAC to O2. Either the originating network hasn't released the number or O2 haven't completed the porting. As usual it's the customer left doing the chasing. In this case I would call both networks to find out what has gone wrong. 

Message 7 of 7