Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not transferring??

Shan_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So it's a month into receiving my new phone and sim, but my old number just will not transfer over!? I've tried everything, texting 202, filling in the online form, switching off both devices, both me AND my mother calling services, doing internal transfers! But nothing! It's just not happening! The number I want to keep is under my mother's name, and as that phone has been paid for and the contract has ended, I'm paying for my own mobile, both being monthly. And the costs for the airtime plan on the old contract is still going because I can't cancel it until the number transfers over..

Has anyone had anything like this? Am I doing something wrong or does this happen to just be a major error happening?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Shan_ As the number you want is under your mother's name, you would have to call customer service to have it transferred to your account, and you would both need to be on the call at the same time.

All available numbers are in the link below. 0800 587 4005 seems to be the number working best.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Shan_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi! Thank you for the advice, but unfortunately we've already done this. As mentioned when I called o2 to do the internal transfer I had my mother on the phone as well 😕
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Shan_ All I can suggest is that you try calling again and explain that the transfer was unsuccessful.

I will also tag our admin to see if they can be of any assistance, but they won't probably see this until Monday. @Martin-O2@Marjo@LukasB can you help?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Best thing to do is to get your mum to cancel and request her number moved to pay as you go. This then removes her name from the number. The process usually takes 24 hours but depends on notice period for ending her contract.

Once its moved to pay as you go you would call 202 and request they transfer the number from the pay and go sim to your contract sim. That also takes 24 hours. If all goes to plan and you do it on working days it can be done in a maximum 3-4 days but depends on the notice period for your mums contract.
Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @Bambino!

@Shan_ I can get one of our Guru team to take a look at this one for you. I'll need some extra info from you so I'll send you a private message so we can talk further. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6