cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not transferred by 8:40pm, any hope?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Ive transferred my number between networks quite a few times over the years, so I know what to look for on transfer day.  My number should have gone over to o2 today yet still nothing.  Ive spoken to the online agents during the day and rang customer services after 6 as the text I received said it should have been done by then.

There's still no sign, both numbers active, signal as normal.  What should I do?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
It hadn't worked, obviously. I rang and they said it hadn't been 'locked in' to transfer. No idea why not. Anyway I gave code again and it has worked today. Well, partially as texts and calls now go to O2 sim but the EE sim is still live and can make calls. It's hours since it transferred! What now?!
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have ee said your contract is terminated.

I'm hoping you don't get presented with a bill from them !

All you can do is communicate both with ee and 02.

@Toby our Community CoOrdinator may be able to help.

Private Message him http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/60444
Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to get onto EE and get them to release your number manually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

EE are even poor at porting between their own networks. To switch from T-mobile to EE4G I had to port to Orange first then EE - bizarre Shirty - and the first port to Orange was never actioned properly and it got confusing who to ring to sort out. I ended up going into a store to get it sorted.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 14 of 14