Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number lost during porting?

Sallin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I signed a new contract with O2 on Sunday and arranged to port my number from BT mobile, so gave O2 the pac code at the time of placing the order.
My new O2 sim arrived on Tuesday with a different number. I spoke to customer services who said the number transfer had been requested and would go through the next day (Weds). By 6pm on Weds the transfer still hadn’t happened and the BT sim was still working so I spoke to customer services again who said the transfer had been rejected as BT had already disconnected the number, despite the fact at that time it was still active on my BT sim. BT said it was showing their end as going through and they were expecting that to happen by midnight. By 10pm the number had stopped working with my BT sim but wasn’t working with my new O2 sim, and if anyone tries to call it they just get a beep sound.
Can anyone help? Has my number been lost somehow during the porting process and if so how do I get it back? Thanks.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
This is ridiculous. I'm annoyed for you!! Keep on at them as this isn't on! Put in a formal complaint using Resolver if you don't get anywhere.
Message 11 of 13

Sallin
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A slightly belated update - I got this sorted in the end. It turns out I’d been given a STAC code instead of a PAC code, which meant the old service with BT mobile stopped at the point O2 initiated my account, but without transferring the number. Luckily BT were able to partially reinstate my number to generate a PAC code, so I got my old number back after a few days.

Message 12 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions