Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting - reduced service ?

aclondon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a quick question but are number ports taking longer than normal due to reduced staff numbers? 

I've had port request in since Monday but no response, text or email, to confirm and my number is still active on my old network.

Can't call o2 as I usually would becuase porting is not an essential service. Be obliged if someone could shed some light on this.

Many thanks all.

Stay well.

Adam.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions
Message 2 of 6

aclondon
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks @Cleoriff - did have a quick search but did not find this page.

Pretty much as expected, I will be patient!

Stay well,

Adam.

Message 3 of 6

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @aclondon ,

To answer your question yes, all networks are experiencing longer number ports due to the pressures currently on the networks. A number port usually takes 2 working days. Which means it would normally be due to port at some point today but this may take longer. Do not reprocess the form as this resets the process and it would take an additional 2 working days. Best way to facilitate the ports is by switching off both devices (old network & o2) for about 5 mins and turning them back on. As stated though I would expect a 3/4 working day port to be standard in the currant climate. 

signature
Message 4 of 6

aclondon
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sean thanks for further clarification.

Regards,

Adam.

Message 5 of 6

aclondon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sort of an update - but the porting never occured so the PAC has expired now anyhow.

But what I did notice is that I only got my welcome email and first bill 3 weeks after I joined.

So I am guessing the account was not totally setup until I got these and therefore the port-in did not go through.

Submitted again, with new PAC. fingers crossed!

Adam.

Message 6 of 6