Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting Stuck

Dapotato
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m moving from giffgaff to o2 and requested a PAC code from giffgaff, filled out the form for o2 to have number carried over.
This morning my old giffgaff sim lost service and by noon my o2 esim as well.

It is now well past 6pm and still no service, which is when the service should be kicking back in according to o2s faq page.

I messaged o2 live chat and they insists the swap will happen today. The number showing up in My o2 is still the temporary number, and I’m stranded without any number for calls and texts.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Dapotato 

This can happen with a failed eSim so if it's not back on by tomorrow (after rebooting phone), get a new eSim from your local O2 store or ask O2 to send one out to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Dapotato
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI, Just got in contact with O2 live chat and it seems like an issue on their end, they assured me that I don't need a new Esim. Seems like just need to wait it out.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

We have had quite a few similar posts since yesterday @Dapotato 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4