Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port in Issue

Hanz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Both myself and the wife purchased the O2 sim only plan as a new contract. We wanted to port out old number from Three network over. We did both plans (mine and her) at the same time; provided old numbers and PAC codes from Three. 

48 hours later, mine went through just fine. Although in case of the wife, her Three number was still working. When i checked with O2, they said the number is ported over - they confirmed it. We changed the Three sim with the O2 one in her iPhone XS Max. The O2 sim worked, when i called her it was working fine. Although when someone from landline or another network called her; the line wont go through, rather "This number is not recognised". We did all the settings updates (i.e. changing number in settings etc). 

Went on the chat, over the weekend. O2 representative could not help; they passed it over to a "Dedicated Team" who only works on the weekdays. Not sure what happens with it but we will be on phone/chat tomorrow morning first thing.

The interesting thing is; when we called Three and asked them why their sim is still working? They replied that O2 has not yet ported the number over and until this happens the Three sim will stay active. When we checked with O2, they confirmed that the number has been ported over. 

I just did some search on this community page, and it seems to be a re-accuring problem. Why cant these Port-in systems just work rather than leaving people in a limbo with no appropriately active line and not being able to get calls etc. 

Wife is a doctor, and in the current situation of Covid; she is unable to get in contact with her patients because of this situation. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Hanz 

I'll ask @O2Lisa to contact you in the morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Hanz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for this.

Can i send my contact number via Private message or something for someone to contact me directly? As it sounds; it is a slight desperate situation 😞

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Hanz 

You'll get a message from @O2Lisa in the morning asking you for details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for th tag @MI5, I'll message you privately now @Hanz so we can get this sorted for yousmiling

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5