Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Not Working After Port

DG82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does porting your number with O2 have to be this painful!?

My story so far...

• Provided PAC code when order was placed for new SIM - didn't work
  • Completed the online form for number porting - didn't work
  • Called customer service who apologised and confirmed port would happen next day - didn't work
  • Visited O2 store, told they only deal with new connections so can't access my account - they don't work
  • Live chatted with complaints team, who had 100% fixed the problem and would offer £5 credit off my bill as a gesture - port still didn't work and no sign of the credit after 3 days.

So far, my old EE SIM is deactivated along with my account.  My O2 account shows the correct ported number but if I call it I just get a 'this number is not in service' message.

How long does the process actually take? this is beyond frustrating.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

@O2Lisa  has checked with the team at o2 and apparently there is a wider issue with number ports @JoshBT and @PaulR .

With this in mind it could be a couple of days until things are resolved...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/Number-porting/m-p/1582883#M28353 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 15

helensneha
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, I'm having the same issue, and for over a week now 😞 I've spent hours on the phone and am always told it's going to be sorted that evening but it never is. It's been a really terrible first experience with o2. Please can anyone help? @O2Lisa @gmarkj 

More details here (I've reposted this on Pay As You Go): https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/Number-Still-Not-Ported-After-A-Week/td-p/1624382 

Message 12 of 15

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38492 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Tagged an O2 advisor to your other post, @helensneha - look out for a Private Message here on the forum after 8am Monday morning looking for more info. Good luck.

Message 13 of 15

danbert1973
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Similar issue with me going from giffgaff to O2.  Bought phone over the weekend and gave pac code, was told that port would happen on Monday.  Got a text on Monday morning saying it would happen on Tuesday.  Tuesday morning at 07.30, old giffgaff sim stopped working and as at midday on Tuesday my new sim still works but still has the temporary number.  Called customer service with nothing but 'it should happen later', but after reading the above I don't have much confidence!

Message 14 of 15

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7960 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

If you put your port in at the weekend then it would not go into the system until Monday with the port happening on Tuesday. Ignore what customer service said...they know little.

Try rebooting your phone this afternoon so the SIM can update 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 15