Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Change rejected

ewens2068
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi there, i'm trying to switch my old EE number to my new o2 sim. I have the PAC code from EE and I have tried to complete the online O2 form to switch number, but I have recieved this email from O2:

*** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE ***
The request could not be completed, the following reason is given for the rejection:
Validation Exception: Sorry, the information provided for our security checks is incorrect. Please check and resubmit your request.
This electronic message contains information from Telefónica UK Limited which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email.

I have removed my EE sim from my phone and restarted my new phone like advice on here has told me to, but ive tried three times now and keep receiving this email, any help would be appreciated confused

Thank you

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to call O2 then choose any of the options, fraud etc
Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
The best number to get through seems to be
0800 587 4005
Download and use Skpe to call any of the free numbers
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

Message 11 of 11