Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Change rejected

ewens2068
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi there, i'm trying to switch my old EE number to my new o2 sim. I have the PAC code from EE and I have tried to complete the online O2 form to switch number, but I have recieved this email from O2:

*** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE ***
The request could not be completed, the following reason is given for the rejection:
Validation Exception: Sorry, the information provided for our security checks is incorrect. Please check and resubmit your request.
This electronic message contains information from Telefónica UK Limited which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email.

I have removed my EE sim from my phone and restarted my new phone like advice on here has told me to, but ive tried three times now and keep receiving this email, any help would be appreciated confused

Thank you

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123036 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Yours is the 2nd post today re someone trying to port from EE to O2. Not sure whether it's an EE problem or O2.

Maybe check with EE before going any further. @ewens2068 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

ewens2068
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Cleoriff, thank you I will try and contact EE to see if it's an issue there. Thank you!

Message 3 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10206 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions
@ewens2068

This is where the details held by o2 dont match those held by EE and as such for security the Port is aborted, this can be the mobile number doesnt match the one provided for the PAC code, or incorrect name etc..

EE should be able to fix this for you...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123036 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hope it gets sorted soon @ewens2068 thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Please let us know how you get on with this one @ewens2068!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 11

ewens2068
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2 havent had much luck unfortunately,

I contacted EE to see if it was an issue with them and they had no idea. I cant seem to contact O2 in any way so it looks like I might have to stick with the new number which isn't the end of the world for me

Message 7 of 11

bhaveshnchauhan
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

where is the "online O2 form to switch number"??

Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123036 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@bhaveshnchauhan wrote:

where is the "online O2 form to switch number"??

If you are switching from another network and want to keep your number @bhaveshnchauhan  the form is here.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number/online-form 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

David30
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've also received the exact same message when trying to port a number from Vodafone to O2. Does anyone know whether the existing number should be input in the keep my number form as 07777777777 or +447777777777? Would this cause the validation to fail?

If the same issue is happening with an EE customer as well as Vodafone, is it fair to say it's more than likely an issue with O2? I'm trying to speak to an agent, however given the reduction in staff it's taking a while to get through to someone.

Message 10 of 11