cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuisance calls and texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya

In the last two weeks I have received over 200 calls and texts, all of them loan scams and financial offers aimed at some person called Tracy. They all appear to be from the same small circle of companies, but each and every one comes from a different phone number.

The limit of 100 numbers on my auto reject list is close to full. I’ve been adding every text to my spam list, but they just keep using different numbers, and some don’t have any number, just a name, so these can’t be blocked.

I am already on the TPS, is there anything more I can do?

I’ve been told to forward spam texts to 7726, but I just get a text back saying ‘please send us the caller’s details.’ Should I just be sending a message containing the name or number of the sender, rather than forward the whole text?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

We have a help thread on spam calls and texts (credit to Adam Temperton) Hopefully this will give you further advice

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...

Just to add....with the 7726 texts you have received ...you only need to forward the mobile number the text came from

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144795 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
That is just a crazy amount of calls - I'd be reporting every one to phonepayplus and maybe even consider changing my number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

We have a help thread on spam calls and texts (credit to Adam Temperton) Hopefully this will give you further advice

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...

Just to add....with the 7726 texts you have received ...you only need to forward the mobile number the text came from

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would just go with the hassle of changing your number and being very careful who you give it to.

Message 5 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23174 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Just to reiterate one of the suggestions in Adam Temperton's help link, whether you change your number or not, be sure you go to your MyO2 page and opt out of any contact from O2's so-called 'trusted partners'.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ofcom's guide to deal with unwanted marketing calls/sms, also contains the links to make formal complaints. Hope this helps! slight_smile

I'll be honest with the amount of calls and txt you are getting you may want to consider that number change you are are allowed to have...you need to ask yourself if it's more annoying having to notify all your friends you have changed your number or get 200 marketing calls/sms per week...

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/complain/phone-and-broadband-complaints/privacy/

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, some really good advice there.

It's really annoying as my home phone no. is already a mess of ppi calls so I deliberately don't give my mobile to anyone except friends and a couple of trusted business partners. I've had the same mobile number for 12 years and never had a single marketing call/text until two weeks ago. I'm guessing whoever 'Tracy' is, she just plucked my number at random when she appied for a loan.

Anyway, I'm not willing to give my number up yet, so I'll try some of your suggestions.

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Good...I hope you get on OK with it. I can only imagine how annoying this must be...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Good to hear you found the advice useful, did you try any of the recommendations? Were you able to stop the calls or at least to reduce the number of calls? Let us know how you get on.

Great advice guys!

Message 10 of 10