Note 9? recycle old phone?

NayMau5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Looking at upgrading to the note 9,

my current phone is a Pixel XL 32gb, if I upgrade and recycle now will I send my phone off when I recieve the new note or will I need to send it off to them asap as obviously I dont want to be without a phone?

Kind regards,

Nathan

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@NayMau5

To get the price quoted now it needs to be sent immediately as the price changes on a regular basis.
Personally, I'd suggest you sell to CEX when you upgrade. You usually get more from CEX and you can walk out the store with the cash in your hand.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@NayMau5Yes far better to take to CEX. O2 Recycle are notorious for quoting a price which diminishes greatly when they actually receive the phone.

At least you know exactly the price you are getting with CEX.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

NayMau5
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks guys but O2 are saying I could recieve £160 for it and it is a low grade A high B only a few scratches near the charging point, and CEX will only offer £117 according to there website? 

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Doubt you'll get that from O2 but do let us know......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

NayMau5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

not sure what do to yet , Going to ring O2 tomorrow but will let you guys know what I do and how it turned out slight_smile

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Just remember @NayMau5 whatever O2 SAY you will get, 'could' be entirely different to the actual price offered when they receive the phone. We say this from experience of reading so many posts from extremely disappointed customers.

The one good thing is you don't have to accept their offer. You just ask for the phone back.

This does mean you would be without a phone whilst O2 assess the price.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually I got full price on Recycle for my old iPhone in store a couple of days ago. The lady said it had to be sent off for evaluation but the manager said it was fine & I used it to pay off the main bulk of what was left on my old device plan
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Actually I got full price on Recycle for my old iPhone in store a couple of days ago. The lady said it had to be sent off for evaluation but the manager said it was fine & I used it to pay off the main bulk of what was left on my old device plan

Yes @Anonymous though if I remember correctly, you have never had a problem with them. There again you use the same shop all the time and they must know you well by now? wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Well Christmas is drawing ever nearer and they will need to fund their festivities at our expense. I'm guessing they will all get big fat bonuses for fleecing customers.

Message 10 of 10