Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Not using O2 sim abroad.

Hello Everyone.
I am on a contract with O2. I am out of UK for 3 months and am not using the network at all. What should I do so that I don't have to pay the full contract money as in I am not using the O2 facilities or anything at all provided by the network. Please help me here paying 40 pounds for 3 months especially not using any facility is just a bit too much for me. Please I really need help.
Thanks,
Nikit
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Not using O2 sim abroad.

The only advice is to pay off the whole contract to end it. Otherwise you would have to carry on paying unless you are being deployed to a war zone by the military.
Highlighted
Anonymous

not much you can do, since you signed up to the contract
it doesn't matter if you don't use the phone you still need to pay line rental until your contract is up,
you can also see about dropping a tariff (you can drop to one lower i think)
if you contract is past half way so should reduce the costs
Highlighted
Topics: 24
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Well it may be a cost worth bearing out. If you are returning to the UK then then moving to a new address then you may be rejected for a new contract if you end it now. Providing you have the money in the bank account (please don't tell us you've cancelled the direct debit already) you'll be ok.
Otherwise as above, if you can drop a tariff then give 30 days notice it will reduce the cost. Though at this point in time you've probably paid a month in advance so it may be 2 months left. Bear in mind that you do need to give 30 days notice before the end term as it will just continue at the same tariff.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The only advice is to pay off the whole contract to end it. Otherwise you would have to carry on paying unless you are being deployed to a war zone by the military.

Ill take special consideration mate... hahahaha! Good one though! thanx!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I realise it does not apply to you, but it actually is a serious answer. In the circumstances the forces can suspend their contract while they are deployed! But they start paying againg once they are back.
Highlighted
Anonymous

But don't go thinking you can just call in and say that you are being posted to Afghanistan, proof is required. Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Anonymous

naaaaaaa its all good.... I cant escape it though that's one of the disadvantage of taking a contract. Had a word with the customer care team they said it can be put on hold but nothing can be done further than that.anyways i took your suggestion seriously mate, its just I can't do anything serious for the issue while I am abroad. Smiley Happy