cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieveing text messages, after porting over to O2, please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try and keep it simple.

I can make and recieve calls. I can also send texts to others, but I cannot recieve any texts.

I ported over from Virgin Media to O2 on the 7th.

I've phoned customer services with the issue, all I got was wait another additional 24hours or we'll put you to our 'back office' and you'll get a call in 3 days, then they hung up on me.

It's now the 10th, still same issue, not recieving texts.... Not sure what to do here, should i go into store and just ask for a new sim with new number? Because I can see this going no where, and not keeping my old number.

Thanks to any that can help!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if the port is incomplete better chase up cs

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if the port is incomplete better chase up cs
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144295 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Only CS can sort this for you I'm afraid.
You need to keep pestering them until they do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've phoned them alot...they just tell me it will be handed to back office...like what does that even mean?..then they say you'll recieve a call from them in 3 days.

Should I just get a new sim with a new number? save me the trouble and the headache of the useless cs team?

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144295 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If you're not bothered about keeping your number it may well be the quickest way to resolve it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5