cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Samsung s7 is not receiving texts.  I am able to send them but don't get them back (when I know they've been sent by other people,.  Anyone heard of this?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you checked that you haven't added the contacts to your blocked list?
Also check your message centre numbers:
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),C...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous welcome to the forum! grin

It would be great to hear if MI5's advice above helped you out or if you need anymore info? Please do let us know! slight_smile

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks, no, no blocked numbers.  I think it's to do with us not being in a 4g area (though shouldn't make any difference for texts).  Realised I hadn't got any texts for the last two days (Wed and Thur) then went into town which is in 4g area, and when I came back my phone started pinging like mad and I got 2 days of texts in 2 minutes.  So something v odd with the connectivity.

Because it was 'working' when I called o2, they wouldn't do anything. But it's definitely some sort of problem, and I don't see how it can be the sim if going somewhere else triggers it to work?

Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like a network issue.
You can check your postcode here for any issues or ongoing work http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on with this issue? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 9

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Definitely sounds like a network issue however 4G should not make a difference in this. Text Messaging is designed to work over 2G, E, 3G, H, H+ and other variants supported by O2
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for posting this additional troubleshooting guys!  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9