Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Not receiving texts from one number only.

My wife is not receiving texts from me only. She has a Samsung Wave and i am not blocked. We have changed sims and the problem transfers to my phone ( sim problem then ?) It started Tuesday night about 10pm, yesterday however i managed to get a few texts through with about a 10min delay then they stopped again. At about 21.30 last night i sent her a text and by 07.00 this morning she had received it 160 times. No texts that i sent prior or after that have reached her phone. I have checked my bill to make sure i havent been billed for 160 texts but it doesnt even show along with some other texts i sent her.
I have done factory reset on my phone and this has made no difference. We will be doing a factory reset on my wife's phone later. In the meantime O2 are going to send a new sim out for her.
I can receive texts from her and everyone else
My wife receives texts from everyone but me.
Any ideas ?
Anonymous

Re: Not receiving texts from one number only.

Received a new sim today and the problem is still there, could it be a problem with my sim ???? Anyway taking it to the shop tomorrow to get it returned to be repaired..........
Anonymous

Update so far, both phones have now had new sim cards and have been hard reset. The samsung has been sent away to be looked at as after the hard reset it wouldnt start up however, the new sim from that is in a hire phone from O2 and still no change. Both phones have been taken over by O2 Techs ie turned off and messages sent to each phone by an O2 advisor and messages getting through. When the phones are turned back on the problem returns.
I dont think it is a phone specific problem as the sims have been put in different phones and still the texting problem exists. Im pretty stummped to be honest. I think the next course of action is for them to disconnect both phones from the network for 4 hours to see it that resets the network. The O2 agent is going to call me back again tomorrow for an update.
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,931

Good luck with that. It's certainly an unusual problem whereby it occurs with different phone and sims.
Very interesting and please keep us updated. I'm intrigued Smiley Indifferent
Anonymous

RESULT - this moring at 7am all the missing Texts came flooding through. I have no idea what they did but it was obviously a problem somewhere in the network, my guess is a problem at the message centre. I will call them tomorrow and try and find out what the problem was.
All the texts i sent are now showing on my bill.
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,931