Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages

PayMonthly1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I recently upgraded from a Hauwei phone to a Samsung Galaxy Note 10. I took the sim card out of my old phone and put it into the new one. I installed an app that sent a code via text message, which was fine, but since then I have not received any text messages. Whenever my husband texts me, he gets a notification saying "recipient is offline". I've tried clearing the message cache and made sure the app had all permissions in place but still no luck. If anyone can offer any help or advice it would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Will.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Try removing the sim and reinserting it.

@PayMonthly1 

Text tips here too Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

PayMonthly1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I just tried that and I'm still not receiving text messages and my husband is still getting a notification saying that I am offline.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Delete whichever app you installed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

PayMonthly1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I tried that, but it didn't help. I seem to have made some progress by putting a new sim card and doing the sim swap thing. I have been able to receive text messages from o2 and my bank, but still not my husband or work colleagues.
The new sim card seems to be up and running otherwise, however the sim card status screen says "IMS Registration Status: Not Registered" and, according to Google, that can cause errors when sending/receiving texts and phone calls.
Any advice on how to fix this as I think this may be the issue? Thanks.
Message 5 of 5