cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving/sending texts from/to one number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Texts suddenly stopped getting received from only one number on my iPhone. All other numbers are recieving my texts and I am getting all of there texts apart from a couple. What can I do to solve this?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I read about this the other day thats why I was asking! slight_smile

There is an Apple site where you can remove your number that was associated with iMessage so that txts start working properly.

My girlfriend had issues when she first moved to her S3 but it eventually fixed itself after a good few weeks. Its just a pity that Apple dont readily tell you that you need to do this!

Your friend needs to go to https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do , log in with her Apple ID, click on "Edit Products" and click on the "x" to the right of the iPhone. Click "Unregister" and now txts should work properly.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Out of curiosity, is the other person also using an iPhone?

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or out of couriosity has the person recently switched from an iPhone to another phone?

Message 3 of 5

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Or out of couriosity has the person recently switched from an iPhone to another phone?

Thats where I was heading Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like a potential iMessage issue. I have seen cases where the other person has changed phones but their old iPhone (some instances it doesnt even have a sim in it anymore) still receives texts.

Try disabling iMessage and texting the person.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I read about this the other day thats why I was asking! slight_smile

There is an Apple site where you can remove your number that was associated with iMessage so that txts start working properly.

My girlfriend had issues when she first moved to her S3 but it eventually fixed itself after a good few weeks. Its just a pity that Apple dont readily tell you that you need to do this!

Your friend needs to go to https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do , log in with her Apple ID, click on "Edit Products" and click on the "x" to the right of the iPhone. Click "Unregister" and now txts should work properly.

Message 5 of 5