Did you mean: 

Not receiving certain text messages on iPhone XS for last 5 weeks

THXuk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am going a little stir crazy as for the last few weeks not all SMS messages are coming through on my phone.

I can send, and people receive. I seem to receive automated texts from o2, bank services etc, but when I am waiting on a response from a contact, I don't get it.

I call them and ask why they did not respond and they say they have, and in one instance showed me a text on their phone that says unread.

I have checked all the settings on the phone and all seem OK. I managed to get through to someone today at o2 who advised I reset the settings on the Mobile Data page. Of course, when he asked me to try that, he did not mention, that would then cut the call 😞

I would have hoped o2 would do the obvious, and call me back, but they did not, so thought I would try here.

iMessage is turned off. ALways is.

Tried switching off and on

tried updating carrier settings

tried airplane mode off and on

I have also been to the o2 store and picked up a replacement SIM card, and the problem still prevails.

Any suggestions would be great.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @THXuk 

I will mention @MI5 here as he has an iPhone. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@THXuk 

Why is iMessage off?

If an iPhone user sends a message and they don't have send as SMS enabled, you will not receive it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try this @THXuk 

Manual network selection:

Forcing your mobile to logon to a different network, then back to O2 refreshes your mobile's connection to the O2 network and helps push through undelivered messages. To perform a manual network selection, in the 'Network Selection' settings of your mobile select 'manual'. Your mobile will search for available networks. Select Vodafone and you will receive an error message similar to 'Connection Failed'. Repeat this again, but select O2 and you will receive a 'Success' message or something similar.

Provided there are no network faults in your area and your mobile/SIM are not faulty, any undelivered SMS will come to your mobile within a few minutes (for information on how to do this, check your user guide).

Message 4 of 4