Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Not receiving MMS & stopping £1 daily web charge

Hello,
My friend is having problems with his iPhone 4.
He has recently switched to O2 and all was fine the first month as he had topped up and had a free 500 texts and web pack.
However, he didn't need to top up this month so, as his pack has now expired, he has to pay for any texts he sends or if he accesses the web via O2.
The only time he accesses the web is via his own Wifi at home but he has noticed his balance going down by £1 a day.
He gets a message from O2 every day telling him that he can access the web for £1 daily.
Why is he getting charged if he is using his own Wifi point?
I had a quick search on the forums and after reading people had similar problems, I told him to turn off various things on his mobile.
He say he has switched off: Wifi, Data Roaming, VPN, 3GS and Mobile Data. Anyway, this was 2 days ago and since then he has not had the O2 daily web message nor has he been charged.
Great! Thought it was all sorted but this morning when he switched on his 'phone he had no network signal. The only way he could get it back was to switch back on Data Roaming and Mobile Data. Immediately he got the O2 web daily usage message so no doubt will get the £1 daily charge again.
Also, he has not received any MMS photo messages I have sent these past few days, so obviously something on his 'phone is switched off that needs to be on to receive them.
All he wants is to use his 'phone without getting charged £1 daily and be able to receive MMS again.
Please can anyone help?
Would be greatly appreciated because it is frustrating as his balance is dropping - not just the £1 daily but it dropped by 1p yesterday and 20p this morning when all he did was switch it on???
Thanks in advance.
PS His iPhone 4 is not the latest model but the one before I think.
Thanks for reading. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: Not receiving MMS & stopping £1 daily web charge

ok he needs mobile data on to recieve mms.
I would sugest altering the other apns's by putting a 1 in front of them apart from the mms apn.

The isue is a smart phone needs a data alowance or these things happen.
Check that all notifications etc are turned off and leave wifi on all the time and if at home leave the charger connected. (wifi stays on all the time then)
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks Adam.
Where on the 'phone would he find the APN's that he needs to alter please?
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

settings> general> network> mobile data network> edite them then turn phone off and on
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks again.
Will forward on your replies and fingers crossed it works.
Will let you know. Smiley Happy