cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiiving Data Bolt Ons but being charged... Anyone else?

Timbo85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ever since I upgraded to the iPhone 6s on Refresh Tariff my bill is through the roof. My data gets used quicker than ever (and yes, all relevant location services, refresh settings, mobile data/wifi settings checked and amended). The last 2 months I have added a Data Bolt On. In November I added 1GB but it never arrived even though I got a text saying it was ready. Thought it might have been an oversight on my part so added another 1GB. I got a text saying all additional data has now been used. This message was within seconds of me adding the bolt on. I phoned Customer Services and they refunded 9.00 and added 1GB so it was all square. In December, I ran out of data and added 1GB. Received the text saying all had been used. Within 60 seconds of adding the data. This is a joke. Spoke to a Guru (if you could call them that) online and they argued with me saying I've used it all. 30 mins arguing. I added 500MB bolt on there and then which again, didn't add and received a text saying it had been used. The Guru then said there is a technical fault and they will refund all money within 24hr. I received the 500MB within 2 days but not the 1GB and been charged for both on my new bill. My phone bill is £63. My phone bill is regularly £55-£60 now since refresh and it is a joke. Anyone else finding this??? I will be phoning them tomorrow and not getting off the phone until it is refunded as they are ripping me off. Sorry for ranting but I am so annoyed. Never had this disgraceful service in over 10 years being with O2.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Timbo85 wrote:
@MI5 - thank god it's not just me going mad... Did you find out what the issue was?

No, I never found out - o2 just said I used it which I know I didn't, so as it was just a simo which was over 12 months I moved it to EE. Never had a problem since wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timbo85 wrote:
@Anonymous - I am going to phone them in the morning as this is month number 2 this has happened and only since my upgrade. I average just over 1GB a month so trying to bring this down rather than increase my tariff (might need to in order to solve issue) but costing me a lot more at the mo with adding bolt ons and not getting it.

Good luck @Timbo85 do come back & let us know the outcome 

Message 12 of 13

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Timbo85,

What is the latest you have heard from customer service? Have you asked them about the difference in what you have and what you were charged?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 13