Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not applying discount

UnhappyChappy12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am a new customer who has already had issues with 02 and quite frankly think they are useless.

I have transfered over from Talk Talk and agreed a deal published by them at £13.00 per month.  The bill shows £30.00 and this is what they have taken out of my bank.  The tarrif details state £30.00 per month less a monthly discount of £15.00 per month for 24 months.  This means that if they had given me the discount showing it would still have been £15.00 not the £13.00 shown on my agreement.

The customer care is non existant as there is no way you can speak to anyone to sort this out.  You just get told to use My 02, which says its not available, and you just go round in circles on line.  The joke of a chat box is not live and a robot which cannot answer anything.  This is my second problem in a few weeks, the last was only resolved by saying I was leaving, then everything gets done.

My only thoughts are now to go down that route again, they are not honouring the contract they have with me by not applying the discount in my tarrif and on top that the discount is less than published on TalkTalks site.  Or is OFCOM the way to go?

Has anyone esle had these problems and is 02 as poor a company as I now think after my experiences of them?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@UnhappyChappy12 

You need to call O2 again..

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

If I'm won't be interested until you have exhausted all avenues with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@UnhappyChappy12 

You need to call O2 again..

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

If I'm won't be interested until you have exhausted all avenues with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Use any option to get through to an advisor - even lost/stolen or fraud.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 8

UnhappyChappy12
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried to reply thanking you for your help but had error messages and fails to post.  Hopefully this time.

Due to falling ill and ending up in hospital I was unable to follow this up until last Friday.  I checked the bill again and found that the loyalty discount had now been added, but at the incorect lower price, at a later date than the bill date so had not been deducted from the total.  The new bill was due Monday so I waited until that was published.  I am now more confused because this latest bill is for -£55.00 and i cannot equate that to anything.  Two months of the incorrect or correct discount is much less than that and also totals up to lead me to expect a negative amount next month whatever discount is applied.

I need to follow this up and get the discount correctly applied so will be attempting to talk to someone.  I will therefore not yet say this is sorted.

Thanks all Bob.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@UnhappyChappy12 

-£55.00 means that you are in credit.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It might be that they have added the discount for the missing period, or there is a credit on your account as an apology...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 8

UnhappyChappy12
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I realise that but the credit is much higher than it should be to cover the over payment.

Message 7 of 8

UnhappyChappy12
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can now say that tis has been resolved.  After recieving even more credit on my third bill wich didnt tally I have been able to comunicate with someone.  They have credited the difference between the tarrif I sould be on and the one I was put on as a one off for the period of the contract.  They aslo did this for the over charging on the first bill.  The sums still do not add up in my favour. ie they hjave given me back more than the amounts so I believe this is some additional recompense.

Message 8 of 8