Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a good start

faborson
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Move from EE yesterday and order  two new contract for me and my wife, so I had to do 2 differents orders??

Choose pick up from store on the first iphone as I thought it wil be quicker but message stated 2 to 3 days, compare to next delivery on the second  phone. So I chat help online sometie quicker but he said I had to call and they will change the delivery mode.

I rang and first problem she coulndt find my order, check again, then inform me after yes we could help you with that, check with manager, no we cant, so I ask to speak to the manager who just directly said sorry we cant do that, you need to cancel the order and restart again. I ask how come one of the staff said yes and their side is no? Hes not sure but ask if I want to cancel, but then add I am not sure I will give you the handset as your credit report is not one of the best!!! I was chocked then? how this come to the discussion? first I never been in trouble with my finance, second I was a bit ennoyed someone else just poke around my private finance situation. Anyway I said I wil pick it up from the store, easier and to be honest I wanted to cut short before loosing it.

next thing and you know it, I go online to check my credit report, pay £14.99 and I could see I have 999 score! 1 negative which is the electoral roll, as a french citizen I dont need to be on it.

So my first day with O2 and already it doesnt look good...

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

faborson
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

hi Marjo

its all sorted thanks, its my fault on that one, just needed to change the number on the iphone setting...simple, obviously the sim card cant change itself the number....

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As an Englishman trying to get a phone in France, I can assure you that you have had it much easier than the French networks made it for me wink
The fact that you are not a British citizen will go against you as far as O2 are concerned along with the length of time you have been resident etc.
We Brits have the same bureaucracy as others sometimes.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It was just as bad in Spain trying to get a sim to top up my netbook (before I had wifi) I used Orange ES and even when I got the sim, topping up was a nightmare. . It had to be done instore with passport etc. The store staff had to ring head office in Madrid to get it activated.

Buying a phone was actually easier, if you went to one of the phone outlets and not the official Network Stores

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

faborson
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for your reply, but the fact that I am french got nothing to do with it, the iphone I ordered option delivery arrived today no problem, its the fact that they cant change the delivery within 5 minutes of ordering the other phone!! and that some important manager got the cheek to tell me my credit report was not the best one!! 999!! this is a company who deliver technology...and its getting better, see my next post

Message 4 of 17

faborson
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

so I get the new phone, set it up and go online to keep my old number. Fill the form and enter the pac number...

ooops there is something wrong and our technician work on it!! 

this is my first expereince with o2 and already 3 problems....should have stay with EE 

Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you spoken with customer service ? They could help you with this over the phone. Sometimes their systems are unavailable around this time every night whilst they are updated. Give them a call later today, around 8.30am is the best time to get through. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 6 of 17

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ah, I have just read your other thread.

It would be better to keep everything on the one thread so we know what's been said and advised before. I agree about it not being a good start and I hope once rheumatoid number port has gone through that you have no further problems.

Just a clarification about the adviser delving into your finances though. She wouldn't have been able to view anything confidential, merely your credit score, any defaults, your address and how long there, the fact you have a French passport and how long you have lived in the UK. 

You may or may not be aware that cancelling the contract would have an effect on your credit score. Every search lowers your score whether that search leads to a sale or not. 

Reordering the phone for a different delivery date would mean another credit check and another ĺowering of  your credit score possibly leading to the automated system then declining the order. The adviser had enough knowledge to warn you about this possibility. 

I would still advise calling to get the porting  issue sorted out today.

I will ask for this to be merged with your other thread

Message 7 of 17

faborson
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks Jonsie for your wise words and sorting my whining thread, overalll I shouldnt complain that much, its not really the end of the world.

you were right its prob something to do with the system overnight.

I have been with ee for years so I had never had to go through all these happy hurdles....

But for my credit report, he shouldnt have said that and second I repeat again my score is 999, which is almost perfect, I had in the past loan and credit card application, mortgage, motorbike purchase and I never had a manager saying my credit score is not the best?? and I am talking about 600 quid peace of plastic with few technology inside, overpriced for its appeal and its uncessary forced addiction...

when its all sorted maybe o2 might deliver his bubble of oxygen....upside_down

best regards

Message 8 of 17

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I just hope everything is OK now for you and you encounter no further problems with O2 and it's creaking systems. Welcome to the community too and if you have any other problems then please come back, there's usually someone here at all hours of the day 😃

Message 9 of 17

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

By the way @faborson you are right on all three counts, 999 credit score is as high as it gets, the adviser whilst only trying to help maybe shouldn't have mentioned it in that way and that £600 piece of plastic has unfortunately become addictive and more, it's become indispensable I'm afraid 😢

Message 10 of 17