cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Very Helpfull

Anonymous
Not applicable

I logged into MY O2 to check my bill and found a message claiming i could pay £8 and have a fastrack update as my contract ends in a few days,i clicked on the " Upgrade Now " link only to get an error message that i cannot do this online and to call CS or visit a store

does make me wonder why i recieved the original message if it is not possible to do anything with it but anyway as i was going to be near a store that afternoon i wasn't bothered, at the store i was greeted by the guy on the main desk and i told him i am due to upgrade and what would my options be

with no attempt to disguise his total lack of interest he simply pushed a leaflet over the counter and said this is what O2 are offering,he did not want my mobile number or name to check anything and merely pointed to the leaflet

as i no longer need an O2 number for my BB discount i will be looking seriously at other provider's now as i am amazed at the level of service i have received, i will call CS and ask them what i can get as an upgrade and to give them the chance to give me a reason to stay,i am sure i will recieve much better service than i did in the store

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I logged into MY O2 to check my bill and found a message claiming i could pay £8 and have a fastrack update as my contract ends in a few days,i clicked on the " Upgrade Now " link only to get an error message that i cannot do this online and to call CS or visit a store

does make me wonder why i recieved the original message if it is not possible to do anything with it but anyway as i was going to be near a store that afternoon i wasn't bothered, at the store i was greeted by the guy on the main desk and i told him i am due to upgrade and what would my options be

with no attempt to disguise his total lack of interest he simply pushed a leaflet over the counter and said this is what O2 are offering,he did not want my mobile number or name to check anything and merely pointed to the leaflet

as i no longer need an O2 number for my BB discount i will be looking seriously at other provider's now as i am amazed at the level of service i have received, i will call CS and ask them what i can get as an upgrade and to give them the chance to give me a reason to stay,i am sure i will recieve much better service than i did in the store

Hi,

Look theirs always going to be a person not in a good mood or interested in their job role that day, or has just received a ticking off from their manager/manageress.

People refer to type when their under stress.

I'm not excusing this person and in a customer facing role should put personel things to one side and meet and greet as they are trained to do !

Throw that incident off and either call 202 or visit another 02 shop or approach another assistant.

Would it be practical to walk away from a network that until now has provided what you want ,to possibly joining a network with a weaker signal.

The grass is not always greener on the other side, and i assure you those forums also have unhappy customers with similar stories.

Message 2 of 3

GenMayhem
Level 4: Observant
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I agree with bandofbrothers, I had a similar incident a couple of years back when I wanted to switch from pay as you go to contract, moving from a standard mobile to a smart phone. Anyway, the assistant in my local store didn't seem the slightest bit interested in making a deal that was both online and instore, so I simply went of few miles up the road to another o2 and they were more than happy to deal with me.

Go and try another o2 store and hopefully you'll get the level of service you were hoping for, it worked for me.

If it looks broken, then it's probably broken.
Message 3 of 3