cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Registered On Network

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have this rather perplexing issue, at the moment my Note 2 keeps displaying "not registered on network" when I try to make a phone call or try and text, however I'm able to use my data allowance!

I have done the usual things to try and rememdy the problem:

Changed network mode to GSM - didn't work.

Taken out SIM card, and cleaned it  - didn't work..

Taken out SIM card, and placed in another phone - which works!

Check the service status - current problem with mast in my locailty however I did drive almost 2 miles away, and checked the service status which showed no problems, yet still I couldn't call!

Reset my phone -  - didn't work!

Spoke to it nicely -  - didn't work!

What I need to know is the following:

• What is the definitive definition of "not registered on network" mean? Does it refer to the SIM alone, or is it both the SIM and the phone?
  • If my phone can not register on the network, then why on earth can I still use my data allowance? Surely it is dependent on being able to connect to the network!! - and yes I have turned off my wifi!!
  • A solution to the problem, short off get my phone repaired as there is nothing wrong with it! 

Thank you in advance of your replies.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The fact that the sim works in another phone to make calls indicates an issue with your handset.
Did you buy it from O2 or a reputable outlet or was it an ebay purchase?
I have seen blocked phones where data would still work for a while even though it was barred from making calls. 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Where did you get the Note from ?

Ask O2 Uk Customer Service to reset your account.

Text ACTIVE to 2020, save and reboot the note.

You may need to seek assistance from the manufacturer support site.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The fact that the sim works in another phone to make calls indicates an issue with your handset.
Did you buy it from O2 or a reputable outlet or was it an ebay purchase?
I have seen blocked phones where data would still work for a while even though it was barred from making calls. 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3