Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Voicemails Whilst On Wifi

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I don't know if this is in the right section as I don't know if it is a pay monthly issue or an Apple issue.

Basically, if I am using wifi (and my mobile data is turned off), then 9 times out of 10 I won't receive any voicmails.  Even when I go on to the voicemail bit of my phone, nothing appears.  However when I turn my mobile data off I get notifications that I have voicemails. Today I turned my mobile data on and got notifications of voicemails that I received on Wednesday.

Can anyone else shed any light onto this?

P.S. as most of you know, I am using an iPhone 6 on pay monthly.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @gemz4the1 , if you want to switch back to stardard voice mail, all you do is go to the visual voice mail settings,switch it off and then ring 1750 to activate your 901 voice mail.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Doesn't vvm require mobile data to work?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I never had to have mobile data on when I was using my iPhone 5s on PAYG.  Is it a pay monthly thing that mobile data has to be on? It's a bit strange as I don't have mobiel data on much at the moment.....

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Dunno tbh - Did you get vvm on PAYG....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

No I just got normal VM - when I clicked on the option it rang to VM to listen to the messages.  Is there a way of getting normal VM when not using mobile data?

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yeah, I think you can turn off vvm - I'll have a look....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

I can only find out a reference to turn off voicemail completely.....

Maybe @Anonymous will know how to just disable vvm but leave standard vm enabled?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I understood that you had to have data on for VVM but there  shoUldale be no difference between iPhones running the same ios?

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @gemz4the1 , if you want to switch back to stardard voice mail, all you do is go to the visual voice mail settings,switch it off and then ring 1750 to activate your 901 voice mail.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can only have one on by the way or they will not work properly. So you need to decide wich one you want.
Message 10 of 13