cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Balance Update after Sending SMS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since yesterday I no longer get my PAYG balance after sending an SMS. Haven't changed any phone settings. My account is showing the debits though and messages are being delivered. Any ideas anyone please?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I seem to remember last year they switched off balance notifications on New Year's Eve and Day to ease the strain on the network. Don't worry I'm sure they will turn them on again shortly.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
It's a setting on your account which can only be turned on or off by Customer services. It may just be a temporary glitch which will correct itself as it shouldn't have been turned off. If it doesn't restore itself call 4445 to request it be turned back on. You can dial *#10# to get your balance in the meantime.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I seem to remember last year they switched off balance notifications on New Year's Eve and Day to ease the strain on the network. Don't worry I'm sure they will turn them on again shortly.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your replies - that makes sense regarding New Years traffic levels.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was what happened money balance stopped showing yesterday & last night/early morning now its on again so don't worry, it's not an issue with your phone, just eases congestion on the new year

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of the first things I turned off. Annoying as hell !!
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't bother me, just press ok 

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Each to their own Stuart .... Lol

Sending multiple texts results in that message and having to press "ok"each time before the next multiple text is sent ,as I remember.

It's enough getting the voice warning telling me my balance is low before I make a voice call even tho I have 300 minutes and unlimited texts etc.

I know what your going to say.... Just top up. I do that near to my anniversary date only.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha ha wasn't going to but I agree that darn voice is annoying, we know its a free call, don't to say it all the time

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I think the balance aerts are useful for the younger users but annoying to the extreme for most people.

Message 10 of 10