cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non existent customer service...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just want to see if anyone has had the same issue. I’ve been trying to buy a payg iPhone for 4 days and a having problems with payment. Just to be clear the issue is not sub insufficient funds.

O2 customer services seems to be unwilling to do anything useful to. Enter payment details and nothing, back to the payment screen, no errors etc.

Called o2, no effort to look into the issue, have been asked to try a different browser, calling up and ordering also fails.

Nobody seems to help, one online chat agent has said that his was due to MasterCard not being an accepted payment type, the other asked me to try CeX!

As a result, the item is now out of stock.

The shops can’t help, refuse to get involved and the online media team tell me they can see the item in stock but I no longer can so appear to be telling me lies.

I can’t believe the ineptitude of the customer service and sales team...all the seem to do it try and get you to trade up.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Many problems with ordering online with o2 unfortunately.
We would usually advise not too and to go in store from the start.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue is here that it is a like new phone. Online only.
Message 3 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Or buy it from a competitor's store on an O2 PAYG Bundle deal and transfer the number you have to the new SIM (assuming you are with O2 already!). yahoo  (long story!).

Mini-guide to performing a SIM Swap with O2

Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Issue is here that it is a like new phone. Online only.

That would be a problem. We can't really advise as only customer service can help. 

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your set on an iPhone 4 then pop to your local CEX & get one their then pop your sim in & away you go but make sure it’s a micro sim

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It’s not an iPhone 4 they want wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with trying to buy a phone.:( Please let us know if you have any progress with this?

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
No progress really. Still no phone and no real apology from 02 complaints, just excuses!
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Are they still out of stock or is it a different problem?
Have they offered to take payment over the phone for it?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10