cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-existent customer service for credit refusal - checking I have been given correct email

Customer51
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I tried to switch to o2 on 11/5 via a reputable 3rd party broker and put an order in for a mid-range phone for "next day delivery". I was refused credit and my order was cancelled on 14/5. I was advised to contact o2 themselves and ask for an "Authorisation Number" once I have straightened out any oversights. At no point to date have I had any direct contact from o2 to ask any questions, or try to resolve issues getting in the way of me becoming their customer and giving them my business.

I rang o2 Customer Services on 14/5 to try and sort out this very unexpected problem. (I used a general number as no specific details were provided in the 3rd party cancellation email). The customer service agent didn't seem 100% confident of the procedure, it has to be said, and spent some time trying to get me up on their system - they couldn't because I wasn't a customer yet! They didn't seem to have any access to my proposed contract or details or my 'work in progress' customer file.... is this correct?

After putting me on hold for advice, the o2 agent texted an email to dispute my refusal and make my case for approval: AmendmentTeam@o2.com... is this correct?

I have an "excellent" credit rating on both TransUnion and Experian and feel I am in a very good financial position: savings, full-time work, etc. NO payment defaults on any previous credit or my existing phone provider of last 6 years. I don't have a 'thin' credit file either, having previously paid off several credit cards and have a mortgage, I use less than 10% of available credit. I have never been refused credit ever before (and I am 54). I am trying not to take this as an insult but it does make me feel like a 2nd class citizen! I am most disturbed by the apparent 'o2 doesn't want to know' attitude.

Needless to say I have not even received so much of an acknowledgement that I exist from the Amendment Team despite sening lots of info including credit files, electoral roll etc etc to prove my case. In o2's defence, Equifax - the one o2 uses (just my luck!) have made a mess of my details (the other two were accurate, including the one I have been subcribing to to check all was fine). I have raise disputes with Equifax and have learnt my lesson to monitor all three, but can't seem to discuss all this with an o2 human.

I rang o2 again last Friday and they confirmed AmendmentTeam@o2.com was correct. I was initially told they would respond within 3-5 working days and this was up on Friday. They have now not given any timescale and just said I must "wait for feedback". Well it's been over a week but a simple 'holding' email to say they are dealing with it would help.

Please can someone just confirm this email is the way to dispute 'unfair' credit refusals so I can move on with my life / go elsewhere if need be?

Thank you so much, sorry for waffling!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Customer51
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

.... or does anyone know how long this process really takes? 

.... I have seen in other posts the use of a telefonica email (this is why I am questioning the email I was given, as the o2 customer service agents didn't seem too sure and so this doesn't inspire me with confidence). 

I would really appreciate some feedback from anyone with experience of this process as I am just feeling ignored / palmed off / in a void. Having no automated email to say my dispute is even received is making me wonder too?

.... Sorry if I have offended anyone by knocking o2, but I am genuinely pulling my hair out here.... 😢

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Customer51 

You've offended no one, don't worry..

O2 are a law into their own with credit approvals and use their own additional criteria along with that from Equifax. 

Response times also vary and can take a while in these covid times. 

The email address looks ok to me but you can also try it with telefonica.com domain.

Good luck.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Customer51
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks @MI5 for getting back to me.

Your confidence in the email I have used is enough for me to hang on a while longer. If I hear nothing over the coming weeks, I will try creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com but don't want to confuse the issue any further just yet.

I will keep this thread posted with the outcome (if there is one!) so prospective customers can see what to expect when the 'computer says no'...

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 8

Customer51
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

POTENTIAL MAJOR UPDATE:

Having STILL not received ANY response/acknowledgement to date, I rang my 3rd-party mobile broker to see if they could do any more.

Unlike o2, they were extremely helpful despite the decision being squarely with o2.  They gave me the email which they use to correspond with the o2 team in question:

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com

So, it may be that my suspicions of a misadvised email, by o2 customer services, were well founded after all - @MI5  please note for future info / advice.

I have now forwarded my lengthy email thread to this address and got an automated reply! 😃

This is major for me, who has otherwise been completely ignored for the last 2 weeks!!

Automated, reply says they will get back to me within 3 working days, so… watch this space!!!

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Customer51 

It's now creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com

Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Customer51
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 many thanks for responding so quickly - much appreciated.

I have now sent my email thread to the telefonica domain address too, just to cover both bases.  Interestingly enough, I got exactly the same auto-acknowlegement (even came from the o2.com domain) but heyho the more's the better.

2 emails from o2 in one day... I don't know what to do with myself...! If it becomes 3 then the real celebrations begin, lol. 🤣

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Customer51 

We belive that both email domains are currently in use, but going forward it will just be the telefonica one.

Of course that could always change with the Virgin merger.......

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8