Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Nokia E71 email retrieval

Hi,

I've recently got a Nokia E71 on contract, and fantastic phone. I'm worried about email usage though... Let me explain:

I run our company's server, so I get server logs every day, 1 email at 3mb, amongst other emails. I noticed in the setup of the phone I could monitor and receive emails in realtime...

However, does this exceed the 'fair usage' of the unlimited web bolt on? I got the phone to be able to do this, but really don't want to exceed anything and bring penalties upon myself.

Also, I want to monitor 3 email accounts - one is for work, two are for leiosure and considerably lower volume. I would receive around 20-30 emails a day (ish)

So would doing this be ok? Or not?

TIA
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Apparently O2 will contact anyone first before taking any action over exceeding "fair usage".

I have never heard of anyone in the forums having had a problem.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

yeah I saw that in another topic, although I'm not 100% sure how the phone works when it's set to retrieve all day...
Highlighted
Anonymous

The post above is correct.

O2 will contact you if you are exceeding the fair usage as per terms and conditions of the bolt on.

Therefore adhere to the fair usage as best you can and try and reduce it if contacted. They arent unreasonable people - you wont be disconnected at the first offence Smiley Happy

Enjoy the E71 - fantastic choice.

Cheers
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 DOESN'T have a fair usage policy like vodafone. Ask someone in store.

cheers
Highlighted
Anonymous

Again, O2 *does* have a fair use policy, which is part of their Terms & Conditions and published online.

They don't mention a data usage limit like Vodafone or other networks, they just prohibit streaming and p2p applications. For light and occasional use they let it pass, but for more persistent use they would contact the customer and ask them to stop before imposing charges and/or restrictions of service.

In any case however, the fair use policy does not mention any numerical limits and does not mention any limitations about email, so email is probably truly unlimited.