cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 820, multiple texts charged as MMS

Anonymous
Not applicable

My grandson sent sent a text to 31 recipients and was charged 35p for each one, when he has unlimited texts in the contract which is in my name.  When I raised this with O2, I was told that if the texts were sent just to contract numbers, they are included and no charge.  However, as he has synced his Facebook contacts with email, the texts go as MMS.  My grandson says this is not so.  Can anyone help with an explanation and solution?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you sent more than 5 text in one go they will be classed as mms, this was an issue discussed at length after new year when this was catching lots of people out

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you sent more than 5 text in one go they will be classed as mms, this was an issue discussed at length after new year when this was catching lots of people out

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the explanation. I have had two web chats about this and neither time was I told about the 5 recipient limit. However, O2 did waive the charges. I take it that the synch stuff doesn't apply.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Syncing with facebook can have an influence on iPhones as sometimes, if there is only an email address on facebook details the phone will send the message to the email address. The conversion process that follows will result in an MMS charge.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes then it can come up as a text but from an email address as a contact not the phone number
Message 5 of 5