Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Nokia 5800 and web/email

im due to receive a nokia 5800 and i would like to use the phone to browse the web or receive emails etc etc.

Im currently on a £20 a month contract with 200 mins and 1400 texts and an o2 to o2 free call bolt on.

I was wondering what would i need in order to get free web and receive emails on the move?

could i scrap the o2 to o2 bolt on and swap it for another?

i would really appreciate some help on this

thanks
Anonymous

Nokia 5800 and web/email

Where did you get the contract from, it doesn't look like a standard one? Was it from o2 direct?

Do you mean 200 minutes and 400 texts? That would tally with the 24 month 200 minutes deal.

Anyway, from the Bolt-on T&C's
"all customers with a Promotional Bolt On may change their choice every 90 days."

Hope this helps

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

Nokia 5800 and web/email

hi i got the contract from o2, you're right i was supposed to have 400 texts but i said i wanted more so they offered me 1400 texts, and i am on an 18 month contract.

So what bolt on would i need in order to retrieve my emails and browse the web?
the bolt on that i have (o2 to o2) was put on when i signed up.
Anonymous

Nokia 5800 and web/email

just to clear it up i checked and it calls my o2 to o2 a subscription would this mean it is a bolt on?
Anonymous

Nokia 5800 and web/email

Not sure, I presume so. Although my bolt-on is listed on my online bill under "My Monthly Extras".

Although your tariff isn't a standard one I still think the 90 day (3 month rule) should apply, in that 3 months into your tarrif period you should be able to change your bolt-on for a more suitable one.

The web bolt-on is the one that would cover browsing & emails.

SV
Anonymous

Nokia 5800 and web/email

Ok thanks again, would the emails come through in an sms type of way or would i actually have to browse the web to view them? obviously iknow that emails go into a different inbox!!!
Anonymous

Nokia 5800 and web/email

I believe they come in the same place as your texts to-mine do- you'll have to set the phone up with IE settings I should think and presume its the same settings as on OE-again mine are.
You can ask for emails to be sent to the O2 home page on your phone BUT I think you're charged for replies at MMS rate, thats why I don't use it and only use OE on me phone.

Can I ask what you think of the phone as I'm thinking of getting one? not sure about the width of the screen cos its very narrow
Anonymous

Nokia 5800 and web/email

hi, i still have not received the phone.