Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Nokia 2630 Java/Lang Out Of Memory Error

I get this alot while using the internet on the Nokia 2630.
Am I right that this mobile version is limited to what it can do network wise?
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Re: Nokia 2630 Java/Lang Out Of Memory Error

If you're getting that message then the usual course of action is to reboot the phone. Its more to do with how the java app is utilising memory i.e. its come across an action that consumes memory rather fast and breaches the limit set. Sometimes you can wait and the garbage collection will clear it up in time but not so sure on j2me.
So yes, there is a limit to what you can use the internet for on the phone :robotwink:
Anonymous

If you're getting that message then the usual course of action is to reboot the phone. Its more to do with how the java app is utilising memory i.e. its come across an action that consumes memory rather fast and breaches the limit set. Sometimes you can wait and the garbage collection will clear it up in time but not so sure on j2me.
So yes, there is a limit to what you can use the internet for on the phone :robotwink:

Would upgrading my phone to say the C5 help this?
Highlighted

More than likely yes. Though as above, your internet usage may vary so it may be worth considering going towards a smartphone.
Anonymous

More than likely yes. Though as above, your internet usage may vary so it may be worth considering going towards a smartphone.

Can you have pay as you go for these smartphones?