cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No warning when exceeding minutes

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a light user but last month I went over my minutes and ended up with a whopping bill! 

Firstly, I wonder why O2 notify you when you're reaching your data limit, but choose not to for minutes?

Secondly, 45p/min when you stray over your limit is daylight robbery!

How can they justify operating like this?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144304 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You can also switch to unlimited mins now for an extra 2 or 3 quid a month - much cheaper option all round.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

MidwifeToGo
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just gone over my minutes for the first time and found this thread.  I phoned up and the very pleasant lady on the other end said they would credit my account 97.70 as it was my first time and I was a valued customer.  She also explained about the notification for data but not for minutes.  I had assumed if they notified you about the former they would also notify you about the later.  Result!  Worth a try.

Message 12 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MidwifeToGo wrote:

I have just gone over my minutes for the first time and found this thread.  I phoned up and the very pleasant lady on the other end said they would credit my account 97.70 as it was my first time and I was a valued customer.  She also explained about the notification for data but not for minutes.  I had assumed if they notified you about the former they would also notify you about the later.  Result!  Worth a try.

Wow that's good service @MidwifeToGo

In futere you can check your usage via My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Thanks for letting us know and welcome to the forumWelcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 13