cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No upgrade path - Windows Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

As the happy owner of a Lumia 925, I'm nearing the end of my contract, and was looking forward to an upgrade... except there's nothing to upgrade to. For some reason, you've stopped selling the 1320 and the 1520, which leaves me nowhere to go but down.

Can you please do something about this? I'm essentially just waving money at you, and you're telling me you don't want it. It's a very strange situation.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If their isn't anything currently then you could ->

Drop to sim only contract until their is a phone you want. Examples here -> https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity#showAll=true

If the Refresh Tariff is not a deal breaker upgrade with Carphone Warehouse on a 24 month contract.

You can keep an eye out for upcoming phones here -> https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/coming-soon

And https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
If you are happy with the 2 year cycle you could look at Carphonewarehouse or any of the other independents, as a rule they have a wider choice of handsets.
The disadvantage, if it bothers you, is that refresh is not available from anyone else.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If you are happy with the 2 year cycle you could look at Carphonewarehouse or any of the other independents, as a rule they have a wider choice of handsets.
The disadvantage, if it bothers you, is that refresh is not available from anyone else.

I presume the Op was under the impression he was talking directly to O2 instead of this customer to customer forum. A downside of O2 disbanding their email contact

However, if he comes back he will be able to check on this good advice..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers folks. I - rather presumptiously - assumed that O2 CSRs visited this forum, even in an unofficial capacity; I'm guessing that isn't the case?

Unfortunately, Carphone Warehouse (and ALL providers, for that matter) have stopped stocking the 1520; I'm guessing it's been withdrawn from the UK market, although according to Microsoft it wasn't "their decision", which somewhat indicates that it's due to lack of interest from carriers 😞

Oh well, MWC is next month, so there's always the possibilty that a new flagship will be announced then. Although god knows how long it'll take before O2 picks it up.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
Stay in touch with us and let us know what you decide on.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

O2 CS do not normally visit the forum. If they do they post in a purely private capacity..

Our Community forum management team  @Toby @Marjo and @Anonymous are employed by O2 and monitor the forum. They also feed a lot of the info on here back to O2.. when the subject is appropriate wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry to hear that you're struggling to upgrade. I'll feed the observation back to the rest of the team. Is it strictly Microsoft that you want to stick with?

I'm Toby, the O2 Community Coordinator slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 8