Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal

rjm4591
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No signal for hours now.  This has been going on for several months.  I tried to report via the app but couldn't send...because there is no signal.  Tried Live Chat.  Could only do it via my mobile and my home wifi.  I was on my third conversation when the bright spark at the other end asked me to remove the sim card to give her a number.  I queried whether that would end my conversation but was still asked to do it.  Big surprise, my phone reset.  Worse still I can't get the sim card back in because there seems to be a problem with the carriage mechanism (Sony Xperia XZ1).  So now I haven't even got a mobile to use - mind you I didn't have one before because of no signal.  I really don't know what to do now.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@rjm4591You probably need to think about changing networks instead of upgrading to a phone which is able to get WiFi calling. A very costly exercise at best.

If you are paying money for a contract where you get no service, thats not ideal at all. When O2 first announced WiFi calling and and gave a list of the compatible phones, many of us thought then this would be a marketing exercise to encourage people to swap for an expensive device. Who knows, if you changed network you may not be reliant on WiFi calling? Just a thought. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 21

rjm4591
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Changing to another provider doesn't move me forward as my FB enquiry locally suggests that ALL service providers are affected by my issue.  This is borne out by the lady who called me saying there is a mast issue that isn't going to be resolved quickly.  Reading between the lines it seems we need another mast locally to take out dead spots.  One was was proposed but there was local opposition I believe.

Message 12 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@rjm4591 wrote:

Changing to another provider doesn't move me forward as my FB enquiry locally suggests that ALL service providers are affected by my issue.  This is borne out by the lady who called me saying there is a mast issue that isn't going to be resolved quickly.  Reading between the lines it seems we need another mast locally to take out dead spots.  One was was proposed but there was local opposition I believe.

Between a rock and a hard place then @rjm4591.:smileywink:

Hopefully the advisor who rang you yesterday will get back to you today. If not, her notes should be on your account...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 21

rjm4591
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, though it was last Thursday she made contact and I replied. All very frustrating
Message 14 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@rjm4591  give them another call today. As I said the call should be on your records https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 21

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 16 of 21

rjm4591
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried downloading the app after seeing this but couldn't because of no signal.  It did download at some point overnight though.  Trying to set it up as I type but I can't receive the SMS, again because of no signal.  I will try again later when I am in an area that is blessed with service.  I think the only way forward (apart from another mast somewhere local) is the wifi calling facility.  Thank you for your continued interest and suggestions for me in my plight.

Message 17 of 21

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @rjm4591, it's been a few days so wanted to check if you have noticed any improvement or has anyone been in contact with you? I understand someone from customer service was going to give you a call?

Let us know also how it went with trying out the O2 Ask app, in case it was of any help.

Message 18 of 21

rjm4591
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No phone call as no signal when at home but I had a reply to my email.  I'm electing to get my phone replaced by an O2 supplied one so, hopefully, I can set up to use Wifi Calling when at home.  I replied to the email to advise this but have heard nothing since.  In the meantime my signal continues to be absent apart for fleeting moments when the wind blows in the right direction.

As for the O2 Ask App, with no signal I get the "Tap to reload" message.  I have used it away from home though and it seems it may probably be useful...provided I have signal of course.

Fingers crossed for a quick turnaround with exchanging my phone.

Message 19 of 21

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/apps/o2-ask

O2 Ask

Manage your Pay Monthly account with the O2 Ask app, from adding Bolt Ons to checking how much data you’ve got left. Talk to Aura to get your account and billing questions answered. Make calls or send messages over wifi, 3G or 4G. And if you’ve got a question, just start a webchat with one of our advisors.

Message 20 of 21