Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal whatsoever

paulyman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm a near £50 a month contract customer and in the process of moving home. Your website that says that there is coverage in the area where I'm staying - 100% NOT TRUE. There is no signal whatsoever - normally I have a 'x' by the signal bars - my postcode is SY21 9PU - and I have to drive 3-4 miles to get a signal. Friends cannot even get a call through to voicemail - I have missed around 300 incoming calls in the 6 weeks I have been here - and my phone is an important part of my business life. 

I 'suggest' (insist!) that my current bill - and last month's, and next month's - are cancelled as you cannot provide a service to a large village close to the town of Welshpool. If I do not have a positive reply from you, I will take a screenshot of your webpage and send it to Ofcom to ask them to intervene as you are untruthful (lying??) about coverage in this area.

pabennison

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Coverage maps are only computer simulations of theoretical coverage.
It’s your responsibility to check signal and at the end of the day, you moved so I can’t see OFCOM being at all interested.
If on refresh, just pay off device plan and get a sim only from a network that does have coverage in your area.

You can get your PAC to keep your number by following help here Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@paulyman This is a customer community. You need to speak to customer service. No one here can help you with your issue. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to go through the complaints process to get to the stage of leaving your contract without penalty. Sorry but this is a customer forum so O2 won't see your post here. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Coverage maps are only computer simulations of theoretical coverage.
It’s your responsibility to check signal and at the end of the day, you moved so I can’t see OFCOM being at all interested.
If on refresh, just pay off device plan and get a sim only from a network that does have coverage in your area.

You can get your PAC to keep your number by following help here Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
I will tell you know that Ofcom will not investigate your complaint.

They will refer you to the o2 complaints procedure, and that you follow that before passing it to the ombudsman service, Ofcom will not and do not investigate complaints from consumers.

You are also bound by o2 T&C's which dont guarantee coverage, you also moved from an area with coverage to an area with no coverage, so its your duty of care to check that services you subscribe to are work.

It looks like your on the edge of coverage outdoors,and only 2G indoors and outdoors and even EE and Voda only offer 2G coverage indoors and outdoors

So set your phone to use 2G only

All networks have blackspots and rural areas are normal... I can think of EE, Voda and 3 blackspots near me.

o2 will release you from the contract when you pay the required charges up front, before doing so id invest in some PAYG simcards and test networks and I can tell you, you will be in for a shock.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5