cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal on new iPhone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Upgraded my pay monthly phone and I received my new phone today, old one was a blackberry so had to swap sim, which appeared to work fine. Did that about 10am this morning, and by noon my old phone lost its signal and new phone shows O2, but no bars showing. Always had a great signal at home with my old phone. Went on live chat to get some advice, they did all 1st stage checks, area coverage, take sim out and give it a wipe, reboot iphone etc. No joy with any of it, the keep telling me it should be ok in 2-24 hours but now without access to my old phone as that sim is no longer active. I have looked online and seen quite a few issues like this so checked all the things they suggested but to no avail. Now really frustrated and beginning to think I either have a faulty iPhone or something isn't set up right. Can anyone help as the agents on the online chat appear to be preprogrammed to ask the same questions and give the same responses and I'm just going round in circles and getting no where?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi...in the end I spoke to customer service who advised me to go to my nearest O2 store, which I did, they tried my sim in another iPhone 5 and it worked fine, turned out the new phone they sent me was faulty, jus waiting for my replacement today. Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wait until the 24 hours is up, keep rebooting your phone, if no luck after 24 hours use chat again
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

A sim swap can take 24 hours + to get all your services back up and running.

Turning the iphone off and on usually resets it and the services start.

If after this time period your iphone still does not have full services then telephone  Customer Services on 202 from an 02 phone or 0844 809 0202 from a landline to check your account is activated, and your account has been changed to show your now using an iphone.

Live Chat is ok for limited general enquiries only.

Look at the settings in your iphone to ensure they are ok too. The settings details can be obtained by a search on the forum or net.

Last resort would be to make an appointment at your local Apple Genius barr to have the hardware checked. Don't go to 02 for a repair as they will only send it off to Apple anyway.

If the iphone is at fault Apple will swap it out for you in store.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice.

Checked and they're telling me its active but they now tell me I might need to sync to iTunes through a PC? Seems strange that this would prevent a signal I think but then I'm no expert. Can't do that cos don't have a PC just an ipad.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
No you shouldn't have to connect to iTunes and should be able to activate it over the phones data connection or wifi
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the advice.

Checked and they're telling me its active but they now tell me I might need to sync to iTunes through a PC? Seems strange that this would prevent a signal I think but then I'm no expert. Can't do that cos don't have a PC just an ipad.

I rarely use itunes nowadays now my iphone backs up to icloud.

However when I do its to create a further back up on my MBA and to create playlists from my music library to sync to my iphone 5 and ipod touch.

I would suggest you do download itunes onto a pc or mac if just to create a back up. 

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are they talking about an unlock? Have you got signal yet
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi...in the end I spoke to customer service who advised me to go to my nearest O2 store, which I did, they tried my sim in another iPhone 5 and it worked fine, turned out the new phone they sent me was faulty, jus waiting for my replacement today. Thanks
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you enjoy your new working phone
Message 9 of 9